Monday, June 4, 2012

Look What I Made Monday - Razor Back Tank top

Hey y'all! Day one of me trying to better with all of this blogging stuff! Today on our first "Look What I Made Monday," I'm going to show you how to make a razor back tank top or bathing suit coverup out of an old t-shirt. Let's do this!
Alright, First thing you need to do is find an old t-shirt you don't really wear. All you need for this is a shirt and scissors. I honestly have no idea where this shirt came from, why we have it, whose shirt it is and why Melissa had a winter wonderland, but I'm cutting it up anyway!

Start off by cutting off the sleeves. You wanna cut it a little lower than where the bottom seam of the sleeve and the rest of the shirt meet. Do something I didn't do and put it on and make notes of how low you want to cut everything before you start to make it easier on yourself. Another tip is to make sure you make the front wide enough when you cut. You want your boobs to be covered after all, right? (Unless you don't then... well... cut away!)

Next, cut off the collar of the shirt and then some in the front. I stopped mine right at the start of where the graphic begins on the shirt.

Flip it over and cut about 2-3 inches further in the back than the front so you have room to tie it in the right spot.

Flip the shirt inside-out and find a scrap from the rest of the shirt that's long enough to tie it around the back. Tie the piece at the farthest point down the straps you can to make the back more... back-less. Make sure you double-knot it and cut off any excess you don't need from the tie. If you want you can also use a ribbon at this point and tie it into a bow on the outside! Whatever you wanna do!

Turn the shirt back right side out and wah-lah! (I don't know if that's how you spell that. You get the point).



Hope you enjoyed this one! Leave comments below if you'd like and tell me some ideas you'd like to see for next Monday! Bye Bye Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment