Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What to do with some shirts you hate!

Hey Hey Hey! Sorry I've been gone for so long. I've had so much to do and I'm finally catching up with everything now since Spring Break and all. I'm going through some layout changes on my page too. I also have 3 posts for this week probably... My thrift store haul will be later this week cause I also wanna talk about my new hat. But my roommate forgot my hat in her friend's car. So, hopefully that comes soon since I said I was going to do that. BUT I did do two DIY tutorials! Yippy! I was bored/procrastinating cleaning my room (like I am right now, yikes!) so what I did was a scarf out of an old crappy shirt and a cropped shirt out of this stupid tank top. Let's do this! (also sorry for the crappy quality photos. I had to take them with my phone)

Tank Top to Cropped Top
  1. Get a crappy shirt. The shirt I'm using is from Target and I absolutely hate it. I don't know why. I was gonna throw it out but then I found a tutorial on Pinterest and thought, why not?! I don't know who the original tutorial is from cause I couldn't find the link.
  2. Cut a slit straight down the middle in the front of the shirt. (I didn't measure, but I highly suggest you put on the shirt and make markings for steps 2-4)
  3. Put the shirt on and measure where your waist hits. Mark those spots on the sides. Take the shirt off and cut straight along both seams on the sides to the spot you marked.
  4. Here's the tricky part. Cut a diagonal from the bottom corner (where the middle slit is) to the end of the side slit. Do this on both sides to make two triangle shapes in the front. Then flip the shirt over and cut straight across between the two sides.
  5. Flip the shirt back over and tie the two triangle pieces in a bow (Double knotted!)
 There you go! Now you've got a cute cropped shirt you can wear with a high-waisted skirt, as a bathing suit coverup, or if you're super gutsy, with shorts! Cute, right?


T-shirt to Scarf
 





  1. Omg. I hate this shirt. I used to love it and then it shrunk! I was pissed. This is from Forever 21. The tutorial of this I got off of was "P.S. I Made This."
  2. Okay, so first thing you do is cut horizontally across the shirt. The more fabric you cut off, the more fabric will be in your scarf. Also, I don't show this, but I did this later in the process cause I thought it would look better: Cut the bottom hem off your shirt. It'll make the strands thinner.
  3. Cut vertical, small strips along the entire bottom of the fabric all the way around. the longer and thinner, the more strands.
  4. Pull the strands too make them longer.
  5. You can double it like I did here, or just leave it as is and wear it!
Awesome! A cute summer scarf for free!

Now, you might be thinking the same way as me and think "hmm... I wonder if I can use the rest of the shirt for something else!"
Exhibit A
  I put it on and...well... I suggest not wearing that...Unless you plan on looking like Ciara in the "Goodies" video...

Exhibit B (Courtesy of blingcheese.com) (bling cheese?! I won't ask)
That's all for now people! Bye Bye Bye!







No comments:

Post a Comment